Food preservatives are additives that prevent food from rotting or prolong their shelf life.
In order to make the food have a certain shelf life, certain measures must be taken to prevent the infection and reproduction of microorganisms. The use of preservatives is the most economical and effective way to achieve the above goals.
At present, the common food preservatives on the market are: benzoic acid, sorbic acid, sodium benzoate and so on, but for different foods, the applicable preservatives are different, many of them are selected according to the food PH value.
For our daily food, the scope of use of food preservatives is as follows:
1. Benzoic acid and salt: carbonated drinks, low-salt pickles, preserves, wine, fruit wine, fudge, soy sauce, vinegar, jam, fruit juice, barreled fruit and vegetable juice.
2. Potassium sorbate: carbonated drinks, low-salt pickles, preserves, wine, fruit wine, fudge, soy sauce, vinegar, jam, fruit juice, barreled fruit and vegetable juice. Fish, meat, eggs, poultry products, fruits and vegetables fresh-keeping, jelly, lactic acid bacteria drinks, cakes, stuffing, bread, moon cakes and so on.
3. Sodium dehydroacetate: yuba, pickles, orange pulp.
4. Propyl p-hydroxybenzoate: fruit and vegetable preservation, fruit juice beverage, jam, pastry stuffing, egg yolk stuffing, carbonated beverage, vinegar, soy sauce.
5. Calcium propionate: noodles, bread, vinegar, soy sauce, pastry, bean food.
6. Sodium diacetate: in all kinds of pickles, flour and dough.
7. Sodium lactate: barbecue, ham, sausage, chicken and duck products and sauce products.
8. Streptococcus lactis: vegetarian canned food, vegetable protein beverage, dairy products, meat products and so on.
9. Natamycin: cheese, meat products, wine, fruit juice drinks, tea drinks and so on.
10. Hydrogen peroxide: raw milk fresh, dried bean curd in bags.
Looking at the common food above, you can see that preservatives can be added, but they need to be added in accordance with certain safety standards. The addition standard of each kind of food is different, so it is impossible to give a so-called specific safety standard, and the minimum addition amount should be tested many times according to the actual demand.
Phone: +86-15018706725 (Wechat & Whatsapp)
Add: East Dongfeng Road, North of Baiyun Ave, 510440, Guangzhou